Commercial Proptery Insurance


Protection for your property when you need it most.

Commercial property insurance is protection for property owners who are letting out to third parties for commercial use. Your tenant is the business, organisation or group who has a rental agreement in place, legally allowing them to inhabit your property. It is this agreement that defines you as a landlord and which qualifies you for such a policy.

The two main areas that significantly differ from a standard residential let property insurance policy are as follows:

  • Building types – commercial properties are often of a much less standardised construction to domestic properties. They could also have different types of heating systems or more complex electrical systems. These factors mean fixing is a more lengthy and expensive process and means you need a specialised insurance product that can take this into account.
  • Tenant types – domestic tenants are not using industrial equipment, housing tens or hundreds of employees, dealing in hazardous waste or using commercial chip fryers in their homes. A commercial insurance product will look at the uses of the building and adjust a cover that will match the risk your tenants pose to your building. For an insurer, providing a commercial property insurance policy is about understanding the type of building you have and what it will be used for and then assessing the risks and costs involved.

Get in touch!

7 + 11 =

Call us on 01778 341 658
or email

Whatever your insurance needs are, let us provide you with a no obligation quotation. Our Insurance Consultants can quote for any insurance you need, car, building and contents, or travel, pets and commercial. You will be surprised by the length and breadth of our insurance cover. We are just a phone call or email away.

Oakwood Insurance Brokers is a trading style of Oakwood Consultants 2015 Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (676060). Registered in England & Wales company number 09338511